Job Offering for an “Archaeological Field Technician”, University Cologne (Germany)
The University of Cologne seeks an applicant who is able to logistically prepare and conduct archaeological and geoarchaeological/geological fieldwork independently, and in coordination with accompanying archaeological and geological research-teams.
The successful applicant will be responsible for technical equipment and motor vehicles.
A requirement is for the applicant to be abroad for several weeks or month per year, even in foreign countries, especially those investigated by the CRC 806 (http://www.sfb806.uni-koeln.de).
The applicant should have:
– An archaeological qualification or equivalent knowledge and experience, as well as professional experience.
– The fitness for physically demanding work, even under difficult environmental conditions.
– Basic knowledge of the English and German languages.
– A driver’s license for automobiles.
– A good knowledge of and familiarity with Microsoft Office software.
The successful applicant will be compensated according to the salary level TV-L 9 West.
The University of Cologne is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from women and the disabled. In the case of equal suitability, competence, and professional performance, women will be given preference. Disabled persons with equivalent aptitude will be favoured for the position.
Written application by *12/12/2014* along with the usual documentation, preferably in one PDF file by e-mail to: email@example.com <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
Or by mail to: Universität zu Köln, Professor Dr. Jürgen Richter, Institut für Ur- und Frühgeschichte, 50931 Köln, GERMANY