Newcastle University and the Cluster for Interdisciplinary Artefact Studies (CIAS) are pleased to offer a series of single-day material skills workshops from 3 to 10 June 2016. The courses will provide archaeology students, researchers, and those working in the commercial and heritage sector with interdisciplinary training in artefact analysis and related subjects.
Details of the workshops can be found at http://research.ncl.ac.uk/cias/masterclasses/.
Dr Thea Ravasi
CIAS 2016 Masterclasses
– Incorporating Small Finds into your Research (Dr Rob Collins)
– Human Osteology (Tori Park)
– Introduction to Zooarchaeology (Don O’Meara)
– Roman and Byzantine Coinage (Dr James Gerrard)
– Lithic Technologies (Dr Rob Young)
– Metalwork Use-wear Analysis (Dr Andrea Dolfini)
– Palaeography of English scripts c.1500-1900 (Sally Gerrard)